Tom Vasey has been in the actuarial field since 2004. He has been involved in various projects, including the following:
- Analyses of loss and loss expense reserves, both for client insurance companies and as part of state insurance department target examinations requiring independent estimates.
- Assistance on state insurance department triennial financial and target examinations for various state insurance departments. Involved in overseeing the examination procedures, and providing peer review.
- Assistance on the review of rate filings for state insurance departments. Issues reviewed include compliance with state insurance regulations, review of actuarial support used in rate indications, and review of calculations using both loss and premium trending and pure premium rate making.
- Assistance on actuarial reports and statements of opinion for various insurance companies and self-insured entities.
- Assisting with rate indications and filings on behalf of client companies.
- Assistance on reserve and funding studies for captive entities using historical loss data, experience modified cost, and pure premium methods.
- Assistance on multiple receiverships and liquidations, including the evaluation of reserves and reasonableness of assumed proofs of claim.
- Assistance on competitive rate analyses, primarily for the medical malpractice market.
- Assisting with various aspects of litigation and expert testimony.
Prior to joining the actuarial field he spent three years in the fiber optic component industry with Lucent Technologies/OFS.