AREAS OF FOCUS
Audit Support – General Liability – Public Entities – Regulatory – Workers’ Compensation
Tom Vasey has been in the actuarial field since 2004. He has been involved in various projects, including the following:
- Analyses of loss and loss expense reserves, both for insurance companies, self-insurance funds, and self-insured entities.
- Assistance on funding studies for insurance companies, captive insurers, and self-insurance entities using historical loss data, experience modified cost, and pure premium methods.
- Assistance on state insurance department financial and target examinations, including overseeing the examination procedures and providing peer review
- Assistance on the review of rate filings for state insurance departments.
- Assisting with rate indications and filings on behalf of insurance carriers.
- Assistance on multiple receiverships and liquidations, including the evaluation of reserves and reasonableness of assumed proofs of claim.
- Providing audit support assistance including evaluation of reasonableness of loss reserves, reinsurance credits, and risk transfer of reinsurance.
- Assisting with various aspects of litigation and expert testimony.