Steve Onona has been in the actuarial and insurance field since 2004. Before joining Merlinos & Associates, his career spanned insurance carriers and Lloyd’s syndicates. His experience includes:
- Directing actuarial services at an insurance carrier with responsibility for leading all reserving and rating functions. Also reviewing investments and serving as point-of-contact with external and internal auditors.
- Implementing new and enhanced reserving methods.
- Optimizing efficiency and accuracy of reinsurance submissions.
- Performing portfolio transfer calculations.
- Calculating deferred policy acquisition costs.
- Identifying, testing, and introducing new actuarial software.