AREAS OF FOCUS
Shawn Martin started in the insurance field in 2003 and has extensive experience in the area of insurance product development and product compliance. He has worked with some small to large carriers writing Property & Casualty insurance business in multi-state environments. Some highlights of his career experience include:
- Providing guidance, creating/revising corporate licensing, statutory research, competitive analyses, pricing strategies, coverage analysis, underwriting solutions, and other product solutions for insurance carriers.
- Developing competitive market analysis and pricing strategies across multiple programs across multiple states
- Adapting, modifying, and leveraging on technology to effectively create/deliver new product solutions.
- Analyzing market segments and pricing to develop forms, rules, rates, and rating factors.
- Utilizing SERFF and various State Filing systems for filing all rules, rates and forms.
- Providing guidance to ensure proper implementation of new and revised program revisions into automated third-party policy administration systems.
- Instituting automated policy administration system implementation controls and instructions for programmers.
- Auditing policy administration system production environments to comply with Market Conduct Exams.
- Administering the corporate insurance company licensure for insurance carriers and related entities to obtain licenses or registrations with the various State Secretaries of State, Departments of Insurance, and the local municipalities in which the businesses operate.
- Preparing and filing multi-state statistical/financial reports for organizations such as ISO and PCIAA.
- Preparing and filing state financial reports/assessments, catastrophe reporting and various state data calls, unclaimed property reports, rating examples, fraud practice plans as well as annual statement filings for insurance carriers.
Shawn is a member of the Merlinos & Associates Product Development and Compliance Group. The PDC Group consists of highly respected insurance compliance consultants and analysts experienced in insurance product development and regulatory compliance. The PDC Group specializes in multi-state product releases, SERFF and IRFS filings, bureau monitoring, and regulatory research.