AREAS OF FOCUS
Coastal Property – Commercial Auto – Commercial Property – Expert Testimony – Homeowners – General Liability – Public Entities – Reserving and Actuarial Opinions – Regulatory – Self-Insured Entities – Title Insurance – Warranty and Other Specialty
Robert Daniel has been in the property and casualty actuarial field since 1995. Since joining Merlinos, he has established specialties in examination assistance and reserving, and has been involved in many other areas of practice. His experience includes, but is not limited to:
- Serving as the Appointed Actuary and providing Statements of Actuarial Opinion for a number of insurers since 2007, including Bermuda domiciles.
- Serving as Examination Actuary for financial and target statutory examinations (P&C, Title) addressing liabilities of a wide variety of insurance providers on behalf of various state insurance regulatory entities (proficiency with TeamMate© examination software).
- Evaluation of rate filings for compliance and reasonability, addressing a wide range of commercial and personal P&C lines of business, on behalf of state insurance regulatory entities.
- Participation in market conduct examinations on behalf of various regulatory entities.
- Actuarial evaluation and recommendations as part of due diligence for potential mergers and acquisitions.
- Significant experience with reserving for self-insured funds and entities addressing workers’ compensation and liability exposures.
- Deriving and filing rate indications and rating plan revisions for client insurance companies and alternative market facilities.
- Assisting with various aspects of litigation and expert testimony, including work establishing estimated liability in settlement.
- Estimating projected RBC and BCAR scores and sensitivity to various scenarios.
- Working with the majority of property and casualty lines including traditional lines such as HO, Property, AL, WC, etc. as well as specialized exposures such as Warranty, Claims-Made DDR, Title, etc.