Robert Daniel has been in the property and casualty actuarial field since 1995. Since joining Merlinos, he has established specialties in examination assistance and reserving, and has been involved in many other areas of practice. His experience includes, but is not limited to:
- Serving as the Appointed Actuary / providing Statements of Actuarial Opinion for a number of insurers since 2007.
- Estimating quarterly and year-end loss & LAE reserves for a variety of entities as well as in support of Statements of Actuarial Opinion for traditional insurance companies.
- Serving as Examination Actuary for financial and target statutory examinations (P&C, Title) addressing liabilities of a wide variety of insurance providers on behalf of various state insurance regulatory entities (proficiency with TeamMate© examination software).
- Significant experience with self-insurance funds and entities addressing workers’ compensation and liability exposures.
- Deriving rate indications and by-account rate changes and rating plan revisions for client insurance companies and alternative market facilities.
- Performing rate filing reviews, addressing a wide range of P&C lines of business, on behalf of state insurance regulatory entities.
- Assisting with various aspects of litigation and expert testimony, including work establishing estimated liability in settlement.
- Estimating projected RBC and BCAR scores and sensitivity to various scenarios.
- Working with the majority of property and casualty lines including traditional lines such as HO, Prop, AL, WC, etc. as well as specialized exposures such as Warranty, Claims-Made DDR, Title, etc.