Rebecca Freitag has been in the actuarial field since 1997. Her primary areas of focus have been:
- Risk-focused financial examination assistance for state insurance departments. Examined insurance companies range from monoline companies to large conglomerates writing more than 100 lines of business.
- Audit support to accounting firms related to self-insured liabilities.
- Estimation of required loss and expense reserves for commercial lines insurers and captives.
- Ratemaking and rate filing preparation for personal and commercial lines insurers.
- Funding studies for medical malpractice and long term care captives.
- Review of fair value insurance contract liabilities for purchase price allocation.
- Rate filing reviews for state insurance departments.
- Evaluation of changing reinsurance contracts on insurer liabilities.
- Development of financial models for insurers.
- Risk-transfer testing.
- Catastrophe modeling for property insurers.
- Production of rating software for underwriters, including experience rating software.
Prior to joining Merlinos in 2009, Ms. Freitag worked for the actuarial consulting firm of Towers Perrin for two years. She has also worked for Farmers Insurance Group and USF&G.