AREAS OF FOCUS
Mark Brannon has been in the actuarial field since 1987. His career includes eight years with State Farm Fire & Casualty Company prior to joining Merlinos. Mr. Brannon’s consulting experience includes:
- Rate and product development for various lines of business for insurers, including rate filing preparation and follow-up with state insurance department personnel, as well as expert testimony in rate hearings.
- Developing loss cost and rate factor development for cannabis insurance products.
- Property insurance in Florida, as well as other coastal states, is a primary area of active involvement, including review of pending legislation, public policy advancements regarding loss mitigation, and use of computer simulation models in ratemaking and exposure management.
- Development of rates and rating systems for various lines of business and niche programs on behalf of captives and self-insured companies and municipalities.
- Actuarial review of property/casualty rate filings for a wide variety of lines of business for state insurance departments, including expert testimony on behalf of state insurance departments.
- Analysis of loss and loss adjustment expense reserves for captive insurers, other alternative market entities.
- Assistance with licensing applications for insurance companies and captives.
Prior to joining Merlinos, Mr. Brannon worked eight years for State Farm leading a group of actuaries responsible for all ratemaking activity in nine southeastern states for several lines of business, including:
- Company filings with state insurance departments
- Incorporating the results of hurricane and earthquake computer simulation models into rate filings.
- Expert testimony given in rate hearings in Florida, Louisiana, and South Carolina.
- Product development including policy forms, underwriting guides, & rating procedures.
- Strategic planning regarding regulatory, political and industry developments.
- Participated in actuarial committees for several residual market entities.