Marc Altschull has been in the actuarial field since 1993. His career includes leadership positions at insurance carriers and investment firms. His experience includes:
- Creating asset and liability models for life insurance company appraisals and cash flow testing.
- Developing an Asset/Liability Efficient Frontier for a client to determine an optimal investment strategy for its life insurance block of business.
- Marketing and performing asset assumption reviews for life insurance clients.
- Pricing sensitivity and stochastic mortality analyses.
- Modeling of term policies for the securitization of XXX reserves.
- Performing reviews of new products and identifying opportunities for risk mitigation.
- Risk management leader for a life insurance company and an investment management company.
- Preparing and presenting risk management report and annual risk reviews.
- Analyzing actual investment results relative to forecasts and tracking derivative investment expenses to compare against plans.
- Facilitating the development of an allocation methodology for desired spread asset classes.
- Conducting industry survey on pricing mortality assumptions and cash flow testing practices for structured settlements and group payout annuities.
- Developing and leading business plans to market investment management services to insurance companies.
- Vice Chair for American Academy of Actuaries Life Valuation Committee (2019-Present)
- Treasurer for Chartered Financial Analyst Society Atlanta (2017-Present)
- Chairman for Society of Actuaries Investment Section Council (2009)
- The Quest for Fixed Annuity Profits, Resource, August 2003
- Impact of Dynamic Policyholder Behavior on Capital Requirements, Stochastic Modeling Symposium 2003
- Modeling Credit Risks, Risks and Rewards, February 2001