AREAS OF FOCUS
Audit Support – Health & Disability – Regulatory – Workers’ Compensation
Kirk Braunius started in the actuarial and insurance field in 1985. His career includes time with Coopers & Lybrand, Kwasha Lipton, and Prudential Reinsurance. His experience includes the following:
- Work with state regulatory authorities on the financial examinations of over 100 health insurers and numerous property & casualty insurers. Includes leading multiple large multi-state coordinated examinations incorporating over 20 states and over 30 companies totaling $50 billion annual premium.
- Identify exceptions, and propose examination recommendations related to carried reserve amounts, regulatory compliance issues, and internal controls over the reserving process.
- Provide actuarial audit support to independent auditors.
- Conduct analyses of self-insured health plan costs and funding requirements.
- Conduct reserve analyses for self-insured health plans and health insurers.
- Property and casualty reserve analyses for insurance companies and self-insured entities.
- Review health rate flings and long term care rate filings rate filings for state regulatory authorities. Make recommendations to regulators regarding the validity of requested rate changes.
- Review property and casualty rate filings rate filings for state regulatory authorities.
- Implement funding and feasibility studies for captive insurers.