AREAS OF FOCUS
Kathy Kettering has worked in the actuarial and insurance field since the 1970’s, and was a Principal of the insurance and actuarial consulting firm, IIC, LLC for 20 years. She provides actuarial and systems support services for property & casualty and workers’ compensation clients. She has a strong background in systems/process development and data analysis for actuarial, financial and statistical reporting that includes the following areas:
- Manages implementation of commercial lines P&C underwriting system including identification of potential software vendors, contract negotiations, and modification of rating and reporting functions to conform to the client’s specifications, testing and training.
- TPA conversions – performs feasibility studies of bringing outsourced underwriting and claims services in-house for workers’ compensation and liability self-insureds.
- Provides specifications and validation of converted data due to upgrade/change of software vendors by the client or their TPA.
- Implementation of systems to comply with NCCI and ISO reporting requirements
- Develops, tests, and implements auto and homeowner’s rating system for personal lines insurance.
- Implementation of system facilitating collection and analysis of property and casualty data in a variety of formats for actuarial, financial or statistical analysis.
- Analyst support for loss and loss expense reserve analysis.
- Analyst support for actuarial reports and statements of opinion for insurance companies and self-insured funds.
- Analyst support for rate adequacy studies.
- Analyst support for rate filing preparation for personal and commercial lines insurers and rating bureau, including competitive rate analyses.
- Analyst support for evaluation of self-insured funding levels.