Jacob Zirbel has been in the actuarial and insurance field since 2012. He provides computer and technical support to lead consultants. This support includes:
- Ratemaking for personal and commercial lines of business, with primary focus on property insurance in coastal states.
- Analysis of catastrophe model results and assumptions, including developing techniques to incorporate these results in the analysis of reinsurance programs and various rating programs.
- Estimating quarterly and year-end loss & LAE reserves for a variety of entities as well as in support of Statements of Actuarial Opinion for traditional insurance companies.
- Assisting on funding and reserving analyses for captives and risk retention groups.
- Reviewing rate filings for state departments of insurance.
- Preparation of competitive rate analyses for medical malpractice rate filings