Harold Clemmons began in the actuarial field in 1980. His career has included international consulting firms, his own independent consulting firm, and the banking industry. Much of his insurance experience has been focused on employee benefit consulting. His experience includes:
- Pricing and analysis of financial instruments using Monte Carlo analysis techniques simulating probability of default and loss given default.
- Analysis of financial institution loan reserves, using both closed pool analysis and new business analysis.
- Managing a national administrative group providing valuations for defined contribution plans that included designing, programming, and implementing automated daily trading systems.
- Providing consulting and process improvement through automation for financial institutions.
- Designing, programming, and implementing multiple systems, including automated daily trading with the National Securities Clearing Corporation (NSCC), large scale statement production, and disaster recovery processing, while also providing ongoing record keeping and administrative services.