Gwen Portis has been in the actuarial and insurance field since 1987. Her experience includes:
- Analyses of loss and loss expense reserves for insurance companies, captives, and self-insured entities.
- Preparation of feasibility studies and financial projections for captives and self-insured entities.
- Collect and analyze insurance data.
- Complete competitive and rate adequacy analyses.
- Prepare and file forms, rates, and rules for insurers writing personal and commercial line insurance.
- Develop data specifications to comply with NCCI and ISO statistical reporting and financial calls requirements.
- Support examiners with financial and market conduct examinations for state insurance departments.
- Development, test, and implement personal and commercial lines property and casualty underwriting system; including modification of rating algorithms and report functions.