Emily Qiu joined Merlinos in 2016, and she has provided assistance on numerous actuarial projects. Her experience includes:
- Conducting reserving and funding analysis for insurance companies, MGAs, self-insured entities, and captive companies.
- Preparing and submitting product filings for new and modified products.
- Conducting reserving and pricing analysis for commercial lines of business (workers’ compensation, general liability, commercial auto, medical malpractice, property, errors and omission insurance, directors’ and officers’ liability insurance, etc.).
- Conducting reserving and pricing analysis for personal lines of business (personal auto, homeowners, renters, umbrella, etc.).
- Building flood rating comparison tools for comparing policy rates between selected competitors.
- Building tools to automatically on-level premiums.