Don Allan has been in the actuarial field since 2015, working inside and outside the insurance carrier marketplace. His experience includes:
- Performing pricing and reserving functions across a wide variety of lines of insurance.
- Analyzing catastrophe factors and trend selections.
- Modeling prospective premium changes in new products to guide agency sales.
- Analyzing reserve adequacy for a diverse selection of commercial lines of business.
- Developing and refining the internal corporate reserving model utilizing VBA
- Coordinating, managing, and preparing Sarbanes-Oxley packages across various lines of business.
- Creating and maintaining Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) macros to improve the functionality of reserving reports.
- Developing, refining, and formulating Structure Query Language (SQL) queries and MS Access tables for use in actuarial functions.
- Formulating statistical results as a member of the capital modeling team to assess reserve and premium risk.