AREAS OF FOCUS
Audit Support – Automobile – Captive Insurance – General Liability – Litigation Support – Professional Employer Organizations – Professional Liability – Program Administration – Public Entities – Regulatory – Reinsurance – Transaction Advisory – Workers’ Compensation
David Shepherd has been in the insurance industry since 1986. His consulting experience consists of rate and reserve related work for state insurance departments, reinsurers, insurers, captives, law firms, agencies and self-insured entities and groups. The lines of business handled include auto, general liability, medical malpractice, reinsurance, workers’ compensation, property (including homeowners) and various other smaller lines of business. He has testified as an expert in various forums in support of his rate and reserve actuarial work. He has also been a speaker at numerous industry functions. His experience as a consultant includes:
- Analyses of loss and loss expense reserves.
- Assisting in the formation of start-up entities.
- Development of rate structures and rates for various lines of business and niche programs.
- Preparation of feasibility studies and financial projections for insurance companies and self-insureds.
- Evaluation of self-insured funding levels.
- Financial and market conduct examination assistance for state insurance departments.
- Rate filing reviews for state insurance departments.
- Expert witness and litigation support
- Planning and development of reinsurance/excess insurance programs.
- Negotiations with reinsurers on behalf of insurance companies, self-insureds and MGAs.
- Development of reinsurance pricing models.
- Risk transfer analyses.