Cindy Jones provides data analysis on a variety of actuarial projects. Her experience includes:
- Assisting employer groups with self-insured group medical insurance programs for pricing, stop-loss, and reserve valuations.
- Assisting state regulatory authorities with review of insurance rate filings submitted by accident & health and long term care insurance companies.
- Assisting state regulatory authorities with NAIC financial examinations of health insurance companies.
- Assisting with litigation support related to cost analysis various health programs and procedures
- Assisting in state regulatory authorities in market conduct examinations of health insurance companies.
Prior to Merlinos, Cindy served as an intern at the federal Office Personnel Management, working with Federal Employee Health Benefits, where she:
- Reviewed development/buildup of base community rate proposals of approximately 20 Health Maintenance Organizations.
- Provided cost analysis of special benefits or loadings purchased by the Federal program.
- Evaluated the summary of rate proposals for community rated plans.
- Communicated with various personnel for Health Plans and with Office of Personnel Management actuarial staff to resolve questions about rate reconciliation and rate proposals.