Cindy Jones joined Merlinos in 2019 as an actuarial analyst. She is currently an actuarial science student at Georgia State University, scheduled to graduate with a B.S. in Actuarial Science in May of 2019. She has passed exams P and FM on her way to becoming a credentialed actuary. Her role at Merlinos includes providing data analysis on a variety of actuarial projects. Her experience includes:
- Internship under the federal agency Office Personnel Management, working with Federal Employee Health Benefits, where she:
- Reviewed development/buildup of base community rate proposals of approximately 20 Health Maintenance Organizations.
- Provided cost analysis of special benefits or loadings purchased by the Federal program.
- Evaluated the summary of rate proposals for community rated plans.
- Communicated with various personnel for Health Plans and with Office of Personnel Management actuarial staff to resolve questions about rate reconciliation and rate proposals.