Brett Miller has been in the actuarial and insurance field since 1978. His career includes eight years for Continental Insurance Companies. His experience in the actuarial field includes:
- Loss and loss expense reserve analyses.
- Development of rate structures and rates for various lines of business and niche programs.
- Financial examination assistance for state insurance departments.
- Rate filing reviews for state insurance departments.
- Evaluation of self-insured funding levels.
- Preparation of feasibility studies, financial projections and pro-forma financial statements for insurance companies, captives, risk retention groups, and self-insurance trusts.
- Regulatory compliance consulting for insurance companies.
- Mergers and acquisitions due diligence assistance.
- Development and design of workers’ compensation premium auditing tools for owner-controlled insurance programs.
- Insurance and reinsurance company valuations.
- Reinsurance/excess insurance treaty commutation analyses.
- Management information systems development and design.
- Development of loss reserving systems and processes for an Israeli insurance conglomerate.
- Planning and development of reinsurance/excess insurance programs.
- Member of the Casualty Actuarial Society’s Examination Committee.
Mr. Miller was previously with AgeeFisherBarrett, LLP, where he was Director of Actuarial Services. He was also with the actuarial consulting groups of Miller Actuarial Consulting, Inc., Ernst & Young LLP, Coopers & Lybrand LLP, Arthur Andersen & Co., William M. Mercer, Inc., and KPMG Peat Marwick.