AREAS OF FOCUS
Product Development and Management – State Filings and Regulatory Compliance
Allison Ott has been in the insurance field since 2008. She has a full understanding of the insurance product life cycle due to her experience with product development and design, state filings and regulatory compliance, insurance product management, and employee training. More specifically, her abilities include:
- Achieving approval of new products and product enhancements by interpreting laws, negotiating with regulators and customizing the product to meet business objectives.
- Product Development including rules, policy forms, underwriting guidelines and client facing flyers.
- Ensuring multiple lines of business meet all unique statutory and regulatory requirements of each state.
- Utilizing SERFF and various State Filing systems for all rate, rule and form filings.
- Success serving as a liaison between regulators and clients.
- Bureau circular monitoring with experience implementing program and process changes due to regulatory revisions.
- Ensuring programming meets filed product, including test case generation and production review.
- High-level project management, including scope definition, compliance, and implementation.
- Developing and implementing procedures, training curriculums, and best practices for multiple departments.
- Insurance Compliance research, compilation and analysis.
Allison is a member of the Merlinos & Associates Product Development and Compliance Group. The PDC Group consists of highly respected insurance compliance consultants and analysts experienced in insurance product development and regulatory compliance. The PDC Group specializes in multi-state product releases, SERFF and IRFS filings, bureau monitoring, and regulatory research.