Our life actuaries have provided consulting across numerous facets of the life insurance industry for more than 30 years. We have provided life and annuity actuarial analysis and oversight, risk management, and analytics for insurance companies, reinsurance companies, banks, and international consulting firms. Our experience includes:
- Statutory Accounting and Reserving Principles and Practices
- Experience Studies – Mortality and Lapse Rate development and Monitoring
- Pricing for Structured Settlements
- Strategic Asset Allocation
- Asset and Liability Modeling
- Asset Adequacy Analysis and Cash Flow Testing Model Development
- Pricing of Life Insurance Products – Whole Life, Universal Life, Term and Annuities, Including Lapse Supported Products
- Experience Projecting Life Expectancies on Life Settlement Policies
- Policy Valuation Systems and Processes – Reconciliation of Reserve Data
- Assistance with Life Insurance Company Examinations on behalf of State Regulators.
- Actuarial Modeling – Conversions, Development, Standardization, Training, Peer Review
Our consultants have considerable experience with statutory accounting for life and annuity products as well as developing assumptions for reserve calculations. We have performed extensive reserve testing in accordance with the NAIC Standard Valuation Law and are up to date with current practices, including the new and upcoming implementation of statutory Long-Duration Targeted Improvements (LDTI) for life insurance companies, Principle-Based Reserves (PBR) for life insurance companies, and Current Expected Credit Losses (CECL) methodology for banks.
Financial Examination Experience
Our life actuaries have provided actuarial assistance to state insurance departments in the examination of insurance companies. They use their experience pricing risk, examining mortality and longevity risk, cash flow testing, and experience studies, and operational risk to provide in-depth examinations of these companies. Our consultants have completed the NAIC’s “Risk-Focused Examinations: The Role of an Examining Actuary” training course and Webinar.