If you are developing and/or managing a private passenger automobile (PPA) insurance program for the California market, our consultants can help you navigate Proposition 103 and other challenges of California’s insurance regulatory environment. Our experience includes:
- Constructing California auto rating plans based on market data from multiple leading carriers and based on me-too filings with modification.
- Creating required filing exhibits and filing forms necessary to submit initial sequential analysis-based class plan filings
- Assisting California insurance regulators in the review of filings relying on complex models and with insurers adapting to and complying with the sequential analysis framework.
- Training California insurance regulators on the review of filings, including the review of sequential analysis filings.
- Reviewing the implementation of models in multiple jurisdictions, particularly from the perspective of regulatory compliance and obtaining adequate actuarial support for model-based rating factors
- Reviewing implementation of models in both context of rate filings and more in-depth reviews within the framework of market conduct examinations.
For More Information