Senior care has experienced a crisis in recent years, with availability becoming a major issue, and the establishment of insurance reserves in a volatile environment being especially challenging. Merlinos & Associates is an industry leader in this arena, working with a number of risk transfer providers in the senior care field over the last 20 years.
We provide actuarial and management consulting services to more than 15 captives and risk retention groups focused on senior care. Our consultants have extensive experience with general liability, professional liability, and workers’ compensation exposures for skilled nursing, assisted living, independent senior living, and continuing care retirement communities. We also provide assistance with auto, property, surety, regulatory penalty, and health benefit exposures and coverages for these entities.
Our senior care experience includes:
- Actuarial feasibility studies for captive and RRG formations.
- Reserves analyses and actuarial certifications/statements of opinion on reserves.
- Development of rates and rate structures.
- Pricing and underwriting.
- Reinsurance structure analyses.
- Assistance with insurance and healthcare regulatory compliance.
- Monitoring and measuring impacts of risk management programs.
We have worked across a broad spectrum of senior care entities, varying from single-owner locations to large public chain operations. The types of entities we have served include:
- Free-standing skilled nursing homes and assisted living facilities
- CCRC entities
- Behavioral health entities.
- Sub-acute care/short-term rehabilitation
- V.A. nursing homes
- Memory care
- Home healthcare
- Elder care programs
- Adult and child daycare
- Counseling services
- For-profit and not-for-profit entities
- Faith-based entities
For More Information