Our consultants have been involved on numerous engagements that involved commercial property exposures across a wide variety of industries.
TYPES OF WORK
- Pricing Model Reviews – Reviewing internal models being utilized by clients to price commercial property risks, and providing loss ratio projection in support of discussions with reinsurers and insurance carriers. Also, benchmarking existing models.
- Pricing Model Development – Creating pricing models for clients to use, built using industry rating information.
- Captive Feasibility Studies – Providing exposure and experience rates for commercial property coverage for entities forming a captive insurance company. Also assisting with pro formas as part of feasibility studies to support discussions with other parties.
- Program Loss Analyses – Assisting Managing General Agencies and other insurance program managers with loss analyses to allow them to present their results to insurers and reinsurers.
- Senior Care – Helped a large senior care service provider develop an elderly residence-focused property rating structure using industry rates and factors.
- Construction – Helped a client create a property exposure rating template that is used to estimate the property insurance premium for construction projects that are covered by the client’s captive insurer.
- Agriculture – Helped a large agriculture underwriter with the review of a property rating and capacity setting algorithm that is used to price and tailor property coverage for an insurance program targeting toward small poultry farm companies with older, less protected properties.
- Brokerage – Helped a large brokerage firm to develop a property non‐catastrophe exposure and experience rating template — using location‐level building, contents, and time element values — to quickly and efficiently evaluate alternative occurrence and aggregate retention structures for its captive and brokerage clients.
In addition, we have provided assistance to residual market funds that insure commercial property. Our work for these funds includes:
- Reviewing overall rate level and rate structure, including a report for the Board detailing our findings and providing an indication of the overall rate needed to achieve rate adequacy. We also suggested structural changes to the Fund’s rate program.
- Providing actuarial peer review services of the actuarial components of the Fund’s commercial property filings. In addition, serving as the appointed actuary providing studies of year-end reserves, a statement of Actuarial Opinion on carried reserves, and the actuarial report supporting the Opinion.
For More Information