Long term care has experienced a crisis in recent years, with availability becoming a major issue, and the establishment of insurance reserves in a volatile environment being especially challenging. Merlinos & Associates has become industry leaders in this area, working with a number of risk transfer providers in this field over the last 20 years. We provide actuarial and management consulting services to more than 15 captives and risk retention groups focused on long term care.
Our consultants have extensive experience with general liability, professional liability, and workers’ compensation exposures for skilled nursing, assisted living, independent senior living, and continuing care retirement communities. We also provide assistance with auto, property, surety, regulatory penalty, and health benefit exposures and coverages for these entities.
- General and Professional liability
- Actuarial feasibility studies for captive and RRG formations
- Ongoing actuarial and management assistance to fifteen captives and four risk retention groups
- Provide assistance in six on-shore and four off-shore venues
- Assistance with development of risk management programs
- Reserve analysis and actuarial certification/statement of opinion on reserves
- Development of rates and rate structures
- Pricing and underwriting
- Reinsurance structure analysis
- Assistance with insurance and healthcare regulatory compliance