Our consultants provide analysis of self-insured group medical plans to test for MHPAEA compliance for both Non-Quantitative Treatment Limits (NQTL) and Quantitative Treatment Limits (QTL).
NQTL Testing Includes:
- Coverage terms regarding benefit limits.
- Factors used to determine when benefit limits apply.
- Comparative analysis demonstrating that the application of coverage limits for mental health/substance abuse disorder benefits are comparable to – and no more stringent than – limits applied to medical/surgical benefits.
QTL Testing Includes:
- Ensure that the financial requirements (copays, coinsurance, etc.) of self-insured group medical plans are no more restrictive than the predominant financial requirements of medical/surgical benefits.
- Comparative analysis demonstrating compliance with MHPAEA.
In addition, we provide consulting services around any necessary remediation to get in compliance MHPAEA.