Merlinos & Associates has prospered as a firm because of our unique business philosophy and the quality of the employees that we attract. Our firm is continuously looking for actuaries of the highest caliber. We have outstanding employee retention because we believe that a happy and engaged employee is a more productive employee. Our unique and stimulating work environment allows our consultants to grow professionally and gives them flexibility, a positive atmosphere, and challenging and interesting work.
By working as a team, not in competition with each other, our employees learn from one another and deal with a wide variety of issues, giving them a diversity of experience that is generally not found elsewhere. We do not pressure our employees to make a higher profit but, rather, encourage them to do the best quality of work. We promote contact with clients, assumption of responsibility, and ownership of the work product by everyone on the team.
Our belief is that the best employees have stable and healthy personal lives. Because our firm is a family, we make accommodations, whenever possible, for events in our employees’ personal lives. Our office atmosphere is positive, comfortable, and casual. Our doors are always open to anyone. We do not require formal business attire on most work days and we encourage the use of the company’s fitness center that is located in our office building.
Lead actuaries are always intimately involved in projects, but use support staff to take on as much responsibility as possible without affecting the quality of the work product. Everyone in the firm, all the way up to the partners, is accessible, friendly, and always willing to help or listen.
Because our employees are so vitally important, we offer an industry-leading suite of benefits to our staff, including:
- Health insurance
- Dental coverage
- Health Savings Accounts
- Disability coverage – short term and long term
- Generous bonus plan
- Long term care coverage
- Vision coverage
- Life insurance
“At USI we work with over 200 employers in the role of employee benefit broker, advisor, and consultant. Our clients vary in both size and type of industry. Among all our customers, Merlinos & Associates ranks in the top 1 percentile in terms of the broad array of employee benefit products they offer, and their employer contribution towards these products.” — Jeff Gentry, USI Insurance Services
Facilitates assignment of professional services resources to each engagement based on client needs and the skills, capabilities, experience, development, availability and coaching opportunities for each resource. Work with controllers and project managers to ensure all project resource schedules properly align with project plans and according to capacity expectations defined by Management team. Partner with Controllers, Project and resource management peers and leadership to analyze, enhance and support the most efficient means by which to achieve revenue forecasts associated with the successful delivery of all professional services engagements, as well as achieve organizational goals to maximize productivity and resource utilization.
- Scheduling: Manage the master resource database to adequately enable project activities and identify scheduling conflicts. Monitor project progress with Controller and/or PMs to align scheduling activities and advise how to resolve scheduling issues. Provide recommendations to Controllers/PMs and Resource Management peers regarding techniques to create bandwidth and increase scheduling efficiencies.
- Capacity Analysis: Under minimal direction, evaluate whether consultant resources are maintained at acceptable billable and productive utilization levels. Prepare management recommendations and reports regarding usage, availability, productivity, and billability. Regularly evaluate and compare planned/scheduled hours against actual resource time required to successfully execute projects.
- Project Management Support: Enforce time approval deadlines to ensure accurate and complete time submission, matched with scheduled efforts, client-billable targets and resource utilization goals.
- Change Enablement: Seek opportunities and engage in efforts to improve quality and efficiency in resource management and related delivery efforts. Research opportunities to improve business analytics and processes related to resource management, allocation, and utilization. Able to use a combination of hands-on approach, critical reasoning/thinking, use of data to guide solutions, comfortable challenging convention and in some cases influencing principals/controllers to reassess team members and how work is done.
- Organizational Management: Helps to align staffing needs and resources to career goals. Ensures client engagement 360s occur in a timely manner. Monitors and tracks consultant adherence to updating the workload exhibit promptly on defined cycle and notifies appropriate parties of non-adherence.
- Ability to quickly build trust and productive internal working relationships at all levels
- Highly organized, people-focused and self-directed
- Demonstrates good judgement skills in influencing, negotiating, and problem solving
- Ability to identify and solve organizational challenges through people-related resources
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including Excel
Education: Bachelor degree
Experience: 5-7 years of Professional Services, Project Management, Resource Management
Qualified candidates may submit their resumes to email@example.com