Join the Merlinos & Associates team where collaboration and integrity drive our valued business solutions.
Remaining true to our roots, we continue to be entrepreneurial firm that encourages individuals to develop their range of capabilities and interests to achieve organizational and client objectives. Employee capabilities, responsibilities, and interests can consist of data manipulation & mining, advanced modeling & predictive analytics, subject matter expertise in property & casualty, health, and product development/compliance spaces, account management, conference presentations, and business development.
In our matrix organization, employees have a “report-to” manager while also working for one or more controllers on client projects simultaneously. We have a Resources Manager who facilitates project assignments based on availability, capabilities, and career interests. Continuous learning is needed to develop deep and broad expertise.
Consultants will be assigned to matrix project teams to deliver quality analysis and valued solutions to our clients. As a result, our consultants are involved in a multitude of clients and project types – this variety is loved by our staff.
Types of Engagements
- Due Diligence
- Financial Exams
- Forms (coverage)
- Litigation Support
- Market Conduct Exam
- Rate Filing Reviews
- Troubled Company
Types of Clients:
- Audit Firms
- Exam Firms
- Law Firms
- Risk Retention Groups
- Self-Insured Entities
Our internal project roles are analyst, project manager and controller. Depending on size and complexity of project, the internal roles may be blended.
Assist controller and/or project manager on the project tasks, which may include communications with the client. They generate timely quality work product that requires data mining based on the project workplan. Analysts are focused on developing functional/technical problem-solving and time management skills as well as being an effective team member and always being client-centric.
Facilitate and coordinate the client project with controller and other team members. Assist with the development of the project workplan and deliver the project according to the workplan. Project managers are focused on developing business acumen, increasing functional/technical problem-solving and time management skills as well as being an effective project team manager and always being client-centric.
Facilitate and coordinate the client project with the project manager and other team members. Controllers are responsible for ensuring overall client satisfaction with the project(s) and responsible that projects are delivered on time within budget parameters and are of the highest quality. Controllers are focused on enhancing functional/technical problem-solving and time management skills as well as being an effective project team manager and always being client-centric.
Our onboarding and assimilation program includes a variety of learning curriculum modules with a 1:1 relationship building component. New employees will have the opportunity to learn from many of our subject matter experts and participate in job shadowing sessions depending on their experience level. This process creates a ramp-up period as new employees are assigned to client projects where project type, responsibilities and depth may vary.
We offer competitive benefits including high-deductible health plans, HSA/health savings plan with company funding, dental, vision, long-term care, time-off, maternity and paternity leave, and retirement. For those on the actuarial examination track, we offer and support robust CAS and SOA testing programs along with other industry-related credentialing programs.
“At USI we work with over 200 employers in the role of employee benefit broker, advisor, and consultant. Our clients vary in both size and type of industry. Among all our customers, Merlinos & Associates ranks in the top 1 percentile in terms of the broad array of employee benefit products they offer, and their employer contribution towards these products.” — Jeff Gentry, USI Insurance Services
In 2021, we relocated to new office space with full amenities and awesome views in the “Summit at Peachtree Parkway” building located at 5550 Peachtree Parkway, Suite 600, Peachtree Corners, GA, 30092
Despite our beautiful new digs, our dress code is still casual — another staff favorite feature of working at Merlinos!
THE DAVIES GROUP
Merlinos & Associates is part of the Davies Group, a specialist professional services and technology firm, working in partnership with leading insurance, highly regulated and global businesses. We help our clients to manage risk, operate their core business processes, transform and grow. We deliver operations, consulting and technology solutions across the risk and insurance value chain, including excellence in claims, underwriting, distribution, regulation, customer experience, human capital, transformation & change management. Our global team of more than 5,500 professionals operate across the the UK, Ireland, Bermuda, the US, Canada, Spain, Switzerland & India.
HEALTH ACTUARIAL CONSULTANT
- Perform a wide range of actuarial engagements, with a primary focus on pricing, reserving, rate filing review, financial examinations, market conduct examinations, and M&A due diligence
- Gain deep understanding of the client’s business, manages client engagement projects, and serves as primary project point of contact
- Prepares production of exhibits and written reports to present findings to clients
- Develop and maintains strong relationships for business development activities, including assisting in the preparation of proposals and presentations for prospective clients
Skills and Attributes
- Able to perform as a trusted advisor to clients, with the actuarial expertise and ability to develop creative solutions for a variety of client needs
- Strong project management skills with an ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects in a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills
- Able to ensure projects are delivered on time and of the highest quality
Candidate Minimum Qualifications:
- BA/BS degree in actuarial science, mathematics, statistics, computer science, finance, business or related field
- 0 to 8 years of experience in one or more of the following health areas: group health, individual health, or supplemental health
- Open to ASA or FSA exam track or credentialed
- Strong command of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
For consideration, please send your resume to email@example.com